Friday, February 25, 2011

The Collection Collector #12: U2 Collection













Collection: U2 CDs, books, DVDs, concerts tickets etc.
Collector: Bertus Snyman
Reason for collecting:
"I happened to be visiting my older brother’s friend when I saw he had a copy of U2’s The Joshua Tree. I had heard some of the songs on it before and knew that it was quite a famous album, but that was all. He allowed me to take it home for a week or two and that was it for me. I was hooked. From that point onwards I saved up my pocket money and every second month I would go out and buy a new U2 album. Pretty soon I started buying DVDs and then even my friends started chipping in by giving me U2 books for my birthday.
Why do I like them? I don’t really know why, but I guess it has something to do with that old cliché that you can “relate to their music”. That is, anybody can listen to one of their songs and analyse the lyrics and say this or that about it. But with U2 I always felt I knew why they wrote those songs in the first place."

No comments:

Post a Comment